It can be steamy and hot, lights on or lights off. It can be satisfying and pleasurable or just plain, dull and boring. As enjoyable and satisfying sex can be, does it give any good effects to your body? Well, believe it or not, the answer to that is a big yes. According to the American Sexual Health Association, sexual health is more than avoiding sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies for girls. It is acknowledged that sex is an important part of everyone’s life. So what are these benefits that we can get from having sex?
- Relieve your stress. Several studies have shown that individuals who regularly engage in sexual activities cope better to stressful events that come right after, compared to people who don’t partake in any sexual activity at all.
- Make your heart healthier. Sexual activity helps the body to balance hormones such as testosterone and estrogen. Heart diseases commonly arise when these hormones are out of balance. One study in men also showed that men who participate in sexual acts at least two times within a week are 50% less likely to develop heart problems compared to less sexually active individuals.
- Sleep better. Notice that falling asleep is a lot easier after having sex. This is due to the fact that orgasms help in the release of a hormone called prolactin, which induces sleep. Orgasms also release other hormones such as oxytocin and endorphin which, when combined, can serve as a type of sedative for the body.
- Fight prostate cancer. Studies show that men who frequently ejaculate are less prone to prostate cancer. Through ejaculation, old sperm cells are released from the body, thus cleansing the body of old cells, giving space for new sperm cells to form, this process maintains the cleanliness inside the prostate and lessening the chance of developing complications.
- Burn your fats. A study on young men and women showed that engaging in sexual activities actually burns around 108 calories every half hour, this is almost equal to the amount an individual burns when walking a long distance.
- Lower your blood pressure. Many research studies have documented a significant relation between sexual intercourse and lower systolic blood pressure, which is the first number shown when having a blood pressure test. Unfortunately, sex sessions cannot replace the need for blood pressure medications and constant medical consultation, but it can be a welcome addition.
- Make your immune system stronger. Having regular sex can do wonders to your physical health. Sex heightens your body’s ability to produce antibodies that can protect you against bacteria, viruses and other germs that cause common diseases. According to one study, having sexual intercourse once or twice a week can increase your body’s production of immunoglobulin A (IgA), an antibody responsible for fighting off colds and other infections. However, proper diet and exercise are still needed to have improved physical health.
- Make your skin glow. The act of having sex relieves stress and puts you in a better mood, add to these two the flush of blood under your skin caused by the orgasms, and the result would be a somewhat glowing complexion. Studies also showed that couples who regularly have intercourse look a lot younger than less intimate couples of the same age.
- Reduce your pain. The sense of pain declines as the hormones oxytocin and endorphins are released throughout the body and having sex helps in the production of these hormones. Previous tests have shown that migraines and PMS symptoms seem to lessen when having intercourse, this is thanks to the high levels of oxytocin surging through the body.
- Power up your brain. Researchers have concluded that the brain switches to analytical mode of thinking whenever an individual engages in sexual activity. Certain studies on animals have also proven that sex improves certain parts of the brain that are involved in memory health.
- Improve your fertility. Men who regularly ejaculate have been proven to have higher quality of sperms compared to those who seldom ejaculate. High quality sperms increases the chance of egg fertilization.
- Control your bladder. Having regular orgasms through sex can strengthen and tone a woman’s pelvic floor muscles. Improving the strength of these muscles lessens the chance of accidents and urine leaks in women.
This just proves that sex is not just an activity to satisfy a person’s needs but it can be viewed as an activity that improves the body and well-being as a whole. The conclusion is that sex is good for you. If you’re looking for sex and like the app Kik to communicate you should use the Kik Girls App to find Kik girls. This app is #1 for kik usernames and kik nudes and will surely lead you to having amazing sex. Since sex is good and positive if done safely, why not seek it more?